Yesterday (Thursday), we woke up semi-early and headed out to buy tickets to Wicked for that night. We barely missed getting a sweet deal on some front row seats and so we ended up with some nose-bleed tickets, but we were still pretty excited.
My dad stayed home to get a bunch of work done (at least that's what he said he was doing...I personally believe he was just sick and tired of dragging 4 girls along with him complaining about painful feet all day). So the four of us girls made our way over to the Tate Modern Art museum. Some of it was kind of odd, but for the most part I loved it! It gave me an overwhelming desire to go out and pile up some bricks and sell it for millions of dollars. Seriously though, it was pretty cool. We saw Andy Warhol, Picasso, Monet, and a bunch of others.
We then decided that we were much too tired to continue walking, so we came back to the flat, rested up, ate, and got ready to go see Wicked.
I had no idea what the story line behind Wicked was. All I knew was that it had something to do with the Wizard of Oz. Let me just say this: it is DEFINITELY worth all the hype. It seriously is an amazing production and I was head-over-heels in love with it.
Well, I'm off to another day of touring. I think we're going to Westminster Abbey today, which should be pretty swell.
1 comment:
Merrit! I have finally found your blog spot! I absolutely loved reading all about your adventures and am so jealous of what you are doing there! I totally understand what you said about the time change...its quite awful...but at least its only 7 hours haha. That is so cool that you have gone and seen plays! That is something I will do one day. Please keep up the good reports because I love reading them! Have so much fun and make sure to take a lot of pictures so you can show them to me when you get home!! Be safe and send the family my love!
Post a Comment