Pages

03 August 2008

A Rainy Day in London

Good news...this day got MUCH better. After the morning of horrible events, I washed my feet (several times, actually) and we rode the tube back into the city and went on a hop-on hop-off bus tour of the city. Generally I feel like things like that are kinda goofy tourist traps, but it was good to get an overview of the city and see some of the cool things we can do during our stay here.

London is an incredible city! The architecture is gorgeous, the people walk around like the sidewalks are runways, British accents are charming, and little British-isms like the voice at the tube stations saying "mind the gap" instead of "watch your step" and "way out" signs in lieu of "exit" signs. The people here are much different than people I've met on my trips to South America. They're certainly less friendly, but that's mostly because this is a metropolitan area and they're all busy with their own thing. It's a lot different, but I love it still.
I'm a bit too lazy (and don't have enough time) to list the day's activities, so if you want to know what we did, Mallory gave a decent overview of what we did today on her blog: http://mallorycake.blogspot.com
Cheers!
PS--if you're reading this and have been to London before, feel free to leave me a comment with a tip on a must-do activity for while we're here! We have ideas on what we want to do, but it's always fun to get ideas from people who have done it before :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that you missed my birthday and you better bring me back something cool. Haha just kidding, I really am jealous and I have enjoyed reading your blog! Have a great time and continue writing, I'll just live vicariously through you :)