Pages

06 August 2008

A Little R&R

After several days of non-stop touring, we decided to kind of chill today. We were going to go to Leeds Castle (which some claim to be the most beautiful castle in the world), but we missed the train. Instead, we decided to take the tube to Kew Gardens...basically a big, giant version of Red Butte Gardens. There were a bunch of green houses and a gazillion huge trees. The garden is enormous! You could literally spend an entire day there and probably not see the entire thing.

We ate lunch under a tree when we first got there. And I must say, I'm starting to get a little tired of the Rice Krispy/chips/sandwich lunch we eat EVERY DAY. But hey, I guess that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the chance I have to be here in jolly ol' England. Anyway, then we did a tour of the place. I sort of felt like I was back in AP Biology again listening to Ms. Brown talk about the xylem and the phloem of the plants...and then I felt like a major nerd because I already knew everything the tour guide was saying.

All of us were pretty pooped after wandering around on the tour (let me remind you...the gardens really are huge), so we plopped ourselves down underneath a tree and I read a book while everyone else slept. Gosh, I guess I really am a big geek! First the biology stuff and then reading?! Yikes!

It was pretty nice to kind of have the day off. We got back to our place at around 7 (I think..?), ate dinner, and I continued reading. I was going to take full advantage of being home so early to get a loooong night of sleep because I was up until 2 am last night. I think my bed is cursed because no matter how tired I am, the second I lay my head on the pillow my eyes refuse to stay shut. It makes falling asleep pretty difficult. So....here I sit at 1:30 in the morning typing away. I might have to go read a couple chapters from Isaiah to lull me to sleep. Ugh!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

you failed to mention which book you are reading...please let me know so I can decipher if you really truly are geeky...

MD said...

Haha it wasn't a really geeky book...just The Nanny Diaries. I can't handle reading overly geeky books while traveling.